Always keep your stove and oven clean. Cooking oils can cause fires. Always watch what your cooking so that it does not spill over and run down into the electrical sockets on electrical stoves. Fires can happen when you least expect it. Also it can cause an electrical short in your wiring harness. Always be careful when cooking and never leave your stove or oven unattended.
Wipe down the control panel at least once a week with a good grease cleaner to maintain the units finish. It will last longer and save you money. Follow the manufactures suggestions for cleaning and maintaining your unit. Stoves and ovens are the second most common cause for household fires. Keeping them clean can save you money.